Welcome to the International Symposium
« Machine Learning & Big Data in Geosciences »
ISMLG-Lille2021, Lille (France)
Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, the conference is postponed to April, 2021
After the great success of the first two editions of the International Symposium on Machine Learning and BigData in Geoscience ( NGI – Oslo October 21 – 22, 2018; and Tongji University – Shanghai July 28 – 30, 2019), the Technical Committee « Machine Learning and BigData TC309″ of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and Lille University are pleased to invite you to the 3rd International Symposium on Machine Learning and BigData in Geoscience (ISMLG – Lille 2019).
This symposium aims to bring together researchers and engineers working in the field of Geosciences and Information Technology to discuss how progresses in the field of BigData and Machine learning could impact engineering and research practices in geosciences. It aims also at presenting feed-backs about the use of data science in solving conventional and emerging problems in geosciences.
The symposium will focus on the following:
- Role of data science in solving traditional and emergent problems in geosciences.
- Progresses in data collection in geoscience (remote sensing, smart sensors, open data, social media and mobiles applications).
- Specificities and patterns of data in geosciences, data cleaning
- Combination of geoscience scientific-based design methods with Artificial Intelligence methods (Machine Learning and Deep Learning).
- Role of visualization and visual analytics in geosciences
- Needs and perspectives for the use of data in geosciences.
ISI Web indexed proceedings: Papers will be published in ISI Web indexed proceedings.